Thursday 28 January 2010

week 3

Hey Guys!

Negatives out the way first. Week 3 has pretty much been a dissapointment. I started w/ a lesson on the wendesday with my coach. We were on for about 6 hours and he said my play had improved which was good. However wednesday through to sunday my internet connection was being a twat which meant I didnt make the weekend reviews and obviously couldnt play. I did squeeze some games in but it was tilting me no end and affecting my play badly so I just didnt play anywere near enough. It hasnt been totally bad an I did still book a small profit but I am not yet on the $7s which has not pleased me. My roll is on $360 an thats my total 3 weeks profit lol.

Anyway on to the positives. The main one being I have left work. I have done this for a few reason but the main one being I fucking hate it an lifes to short to stay in a job you hate whether its security or not. Too many people in life plod along with their monitinous lifes an dont realise that soon it will be over. We only get one chance at life an this is it, lifes not a rehersal. I have a enough money to see me through for a little while and a good business opportunity to go into with a friend in april. Plus i could always find another dead end sales job. Yes I have a mortgage and responsibilities but its time to take a risk

The next 4 weeks will be spent with total dedication to the programme am on. Playing a strict 10 hour per day shcedule mon-thurs, then on sundays to. I have informed both Nick and my coach of the situation so they will be expecting alot of volume from me starting Monday. They have both shown patience with me when it comes to the lack of volume but they wont wait round forever so next week I am goin go step things up and want to be on the $7s by the end of next week at the latest. Infact guys I am goin to set myself a challenge right here an right now which is to play more in week 4 than I have in weeks 1,2 and 3. Or at least equal it

Another positive is that this is my 1st consistent month of profit in poker ever. Yes I have good wins in the past but never stuck to a system, playing the same games with strict BRM. The fact £360 is a small profit and nothing to write home about is not the point its a consistent profit which is what matters. No matter how frustrasting the 180s get I just have to keep going and keep grinding. The $2s are so sick. I have been making more deep runs an FT's than in week 2 but just cant book a win for love nor money. I dont seem to playing any differently just running into big hands in optimal spots or people calling of light and hitting so I am just trying not to let it get to me.

Stats so far;

Games played: 355
profit per game: $1
ROI: 46%
Total Profit: £357

Photobucket

**Edit***

Just been set owned in the WBCOOP!! I knew if he 4 bet the flop he'd flopped a set or a straight but o well I couldnt find a fold... gg freerollaments!!

PokerStars Game #38878710316: Tournament #280000004, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2010/01/28 23:17:23 WET [2010/01/28 18:17:23 ET]
Table '280000004 182' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: hks1989 (1625 in chips)
Seat 2: moondino (2065 in chips)
Seat 3: kpuche35 (1895 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: altvoid (5130 in chips)
Seat 5: badcallthat (1855 in chips)
Seat 6: lostsoul311 (3210 in chips)
Seat 7: onlybeef42 (1895 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: Mr.PacoLoco (1955 in chips)
Seat 9: pansanitar (4610 in chips)
Mr.PacoLoco: posts small blind 15
pansanitar: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to badcallthat [Ad Ac]
hks1989: folds
moondino: calls 30
kpuche35: folds
altvoid: raises 120 to 150
badcallthat: calls 150
lostsoul311: folds
onlybeef42: folds
Mr.PacoLoco: folds
pansanitar: folds
moondino: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7h 9c 6d]
moondino: bets 30
altvoid: raises 150 to 180
badcallthat: raises 450 to 630
moondino: raises 1285 to 1915 and is all-in
altvoid: folds
badcallthat: calls 1075 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (210) returned to moondino
*** TURN *** [7h 9c 6d] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [7h 9c 6d Qd] [6c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
moondino: shows [9h 9s] (a full house, Nines full of Sixes)
badcallthat: shows [Ad Ac] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
moondino collected 4085 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4085 | Rake 0
Board [7h 9c 6d Qd 6c]
Seat 1: hks1989 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: moondino showed [9h 9s] and won (4085) with a full house, Nines full of Sixes
Seat 3: kpuche35 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: altvoid folded on the Flop
Seat 5: badcallthat showed [Ad Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 6: lostsoul311 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: onlybeef42 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Mr.PacoLoco (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: pansanitar (big blind) folded before Flop

gl fishes an wish me luck for next week an I leave you with one my fave songs ever, what a legend he really was!
Garry

4 comments:

  1. So often in the past I have thought the same thing, lifes too short to be stuck doing this crap job. Not had the balls to jack it in yet but I think I would if I could consistantly win on the online poker.

    GL for next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the theory mate and it sounds like you have a back-up plan so I just wish you the very best of luck. You really seem to want this and thats 99% of it. Stick at it, work hard and no doubt you will make it!!!

    Just remember to coach me once you are a star!

    regards

    BM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gl Gary, hope you run good fella!!

    Swap links?

    http://snake-i.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bad Call,

    Any chance you could change our link URL to www.pokerhitsquad.com/blog so it updates when we post a new blog :) Have linked you up on our new site too.

    Take care, Thanks,

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete